Estonia and Lithuania report high broadband sales for TeliaSonera
According to the TeliaSonera's 3rd quarter reports announced today, net sales for Swedish telecoms company increased 7,11% driven by strong sales growth and substantial profit contributions from the minority owned operations in Eurasia including record-high broadband sales in Estonia and Lithuania.
While somewhat a predictable result within the context of latest news from the broadband market in Baltic States, e.g. mobile internet growth, a few could have foreseen the record-high sales.
- Net sales increased 7.1 percent to SEK* 24,798 (23,157). In local currencies net sales rose 7.3 percent.
- EBITDA, excluding non-recurring items, totaled SEK 8,714 million (8,756) and the margin was 35.1 percent (37.8).
- Operating income, excluding non-recurring items, increased to SEK 8,354 million (7,802).
- Net income attributable to shareholders of the parent company was SEK 5,399 million (5,053) and earnings per share SEK 1.20 (1.13).
- Free cash flow increased to SEK 5,078 million (4,870).
- The number of subscriptions increased during the quarter to 109.5 million, with 2.5 million new subscriptions in majority-owned operations and 3.6 million new subscriptions in the associated companies.
* at the current exchange rate 1 SEK = $0.155/€0.109/£0.076.